Rules & Regulations
Who Can Participate:
- Any woman of Indian origin (regardless of her place of birth) between the ages of 17 and 27, inclusive, is eligible to participate. The contestant must be a resident of Florida (living in the state for a minimum of six months). Appropriate documention regarding the age and residency status of the contestant must be submitted in order to meet the eligibility requirements
- The contestant must behave in a manner befitting the title of Miss India Florida. High-Fi is not responsible for the contestant or any of her personal belongings. The IFC is only responsible for the meals for the contestants on the day of the pageant.
The Florida Regional:
- High-Fi will conduct the Florida Regional Contest and will provide one or more winners to the Miss India USA Pageant. The regional contest will consist of four segments (a) Indian Dress, (b) Evening Gown, (c) Talent and (d) Question and Answer. High-Fi, in its sole discretion, retains the right to alter the format. High-Fi may also give franchise to a reputable individual/organiztion to conduct Miss India Florida.
- Due to time constraints each contestants will only be allowed 3 minutes for the talent category
- (no exceptions will be allowed to this rule).
- The contestants must notify High-Fi of any special technical need at least two week’s prior to the pageant.
THE CONTESTANT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO HAVE ANY ON-STAGE ACCOMPANIMENT DURING THE TALENT SEGMENT (I.E. MODELS, BACKUP SINGERS,ETC.)
- Judges will be selected for the Miss India Florida by High-Fi. They will be eminent respected members of the Indian, American and International Community. High-Fi reserves the right to appoint all such judges.
- HIGH-FI BEARS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES.
- Past Miss India Florida winners have received round-trip tickets from Florida to India, an expense paid trip to participate in Miss India USA, plus various gifts (i.e. ,jewelry, watches, electronic items, gifts certificates, screen tests, picture portfolio, modeling scholarships and cash).
The foregoing rules are subject to change by High-Fi. All decisions regarding the eligibility of the contestant and the conduct of the Miss India Florida, in general, are subject to the ultimate approval of High-Fi.